A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes which can predominantly neither be attributed to his commercial nor his self-employed professional activity.
Right of revocation
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you who is not the carrier have taken possession of the goods. In order to exercise your right of cancellation, you must inform us (eikii, Rotkehlchenweg 20, 50829 Köln, 0179 2765202, email@example.com) of your decision to cancel this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter, fax or e-mail sent by post). You can use the attached sample revocation form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory. In order to comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient for you to send the notification of exercising the right of revocation before the expiry of the revocation period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you revoke this Agreement, we will refund to you all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (other than the additional charges arising from your choosing a method of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), immediately and no later than fourteen days from the date we receive notice of your revocation of this Agreement. For this refund we will use the same means of payment as you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no event will you be charged for this refund. We may refuse to refund until we have received the Goods back or until you have proved that you have returned the Goods, whichever is earlier. You shall return or deliver the Goods to us immediately and in any event no later than fourteen days from the date on which you notify us of the revocation of this Contract. This period shall be deemed to have been observed if you dispatch the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You shall only be liable for any loss in value of the goods if such loss in value is due to handling of the goods which is not necessary for testing their condition, properties and functionality.
Sample withdrawal form
(If you want to cancel the contract, please fill out this form and send it back.)
- To: eikii, Rotkehlchenweg 20, 50829 Cologne, 0179 2765202, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I/we (*) hereby cancel the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
- Name(s) of consumer(s)
- Address of consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only for paper communication)
(*) Delete as applicable.
Exclusion or premature expiry of the right of revocation
The right of revocation does not apply to the following contracts
- the supply of goods which are not prefabricated and the manufacture of which is determined by an individual choice or destination made by the consumer or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- the delivery of goods which may spoil quickly or whose expiry date would quickly be exceeded;
- the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed at the time of conclusion of the contract but which cannot be delivered before 30 days after conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations in the market over which the trader has no control;
- for the delivery of newspapers, magazines or periodicals with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of revocation expires prematurely in the case of contracts
- the delivery of sealed goods which, for reasons of health or hygiene, are not suitable for return if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if these have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature;
- for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal has been removed after delivery.